Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Christmas Advent

I have been planning on making one of these advent calendars for years, I even had the die for the matchbox even longer ! Never used until now !!
 I spent Saturday afternoon cutting out the matchboxes and folding/sticking them together.I then inked the edges with pink, The design papers are from K&Co, Peppermint twist collection. I added pearl brads as the handles for the drawers (papermania) then I used a few Quickutz die cuts to decorate..
The poinsettia's and pine branches are die cuts too, Marianne Design and Memory Box.
 ...the black velvet cat is recycled from an old Christmas card...finally I have used it ! The ribbons are from Crafty Ribbons.
 The numbers are Khaki alphabet die cuts (quickutz again),The little sweet is from my stash, I have had them so long I cannot recall where they came from.

This will be a gift for my Mum, which I will have to keep under wraps for a few months, but I'm so glad I made it...might have to make another now.....

I will enter this into the following challenges;

Clear it out - Anything goes
Everybody art - Pearls
Shopping our stash - oldest punch/die  (the Quickutz stocking!)
Crafting from the heart - Anything goes
Make my Monday - Pretty in Pink
Shabby Tea room - photo insp. gift/box
ABC Christmas - L is for little gifts (there will be very little gifts in these drawers !)
Crafting By Designs - Favourite holiday (Christmas)
Paper crafting journey - Anything goes
Crafty Girls - anything goes

Kate x


10 comments:

  1. This is so, so adorable ... I'm in LOVE! Great job -- thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my goodness...I can't imagine the work that went into that! Darling :) Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous project your Mum will love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart this time and we hope to see you again soon. Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gift, lots of work has gone into this. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kate,
    your advent calender looks so gorgeous,a really fantastic gift idea.
    Thank’s a lot for joining us at our L is for little gifts Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again
    Hugs and greetings
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely project! Thanks for playing at Clear it out challenge blog! We hope to see you next time! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I made one of these last year...it will make a lovely gift!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just amazing - a gorgeous creations.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Girls Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous creation. Love the dimension and the pics from all sides! Thanks for joining in the oldest punch challenge at shopping our stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, it is very much appreciated, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...